CH2M HILL Polar Services operates under a contract with the National Science Foundation to provide logistics planning, remote camp equipment, and coordination of services for Greenland research projects. Current sites supported include Kangerlussuaq, Summit Station, Thule Air Base, and Raven Training Facility.
Greenland support may include:
- Logistics support (transportation, air support, cargo movement, facilities)
- Field camp management and staffing
- Military travel and base/area clearances
- Lodging and arrangements at research or "hub" sites
- Coordinating support requests with the appropriate agencies and support contractors in Greenland and Denmark
The Greenland Logistics Manager will coordinate all Greenland summer support functions from Kangerlussuaq; Greenland.
Scientists are responsible for providing their own cold weather and personal gear, including toiletries and comfortable clothing for non-working hours.
Please contact the Greenland Science Support Manager for further information.
Pictured above: Greenland iceberg and sunset.